The accounting function is often daunting for business owners, typically getting pushed to the backburner, until right before tax season.
Outsourcing the accounting function saves both time and money. As a business owner, your time, IS money, time spent doing the accounting is time you could have spent growing your business, which after all, is the goal, right?
There are two popular ways to outsource your accounting and it certainly, doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Hire an accounting/bookkeeping company to take care of your books. These companies will take care of all your needs and often offer a comprehensive approach to your accounting, including payables, receivables, payroll, sales taxes, and other tasks. These companies will work with your CPA firm to ensure that all the data for tax season is ready to go and will often answer all of those questions from your tax professional.
- Let your tax professional take it over-CPA firms often offer this service.
Ready to outsource? Here are a few steps to take when looking for that partner.
- Likely you know someone who does bookkeeping, most bookkeepers do not spend a lot on advertising, so talk to your friends and family.
- Talk to your fellow business owners, see who they use.
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce or Networking groups you belong to
- Just Google it and do some interviews, your bookkeeper is going to be your go to, so you need to like this person and feel comfortable with him/her.
If you’re ready and reading this–let’s talk! I have openings and would love to help!